To support collaboration and strategic intervention to support greater digital equity locally and nationally, DEL hosted its first all-day symposium on March 20, 2018 to share innovative local models for advancing digital equity, identify critical areas for intervention, including the online 2020 Census, Automated Decision-Making, Open Internet Rules, broadband ownership models and alliance building.
View a recording of the morning talks from the Launch Symposium.
- Mignon Clyburn, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Miguel Gamiño, Chief Technology Officer for the City of New York
- Shireen Santosham, Chief Innovation Officer for the City of San José, California
- Andrew Rasiej, Founder, Civic Hall and the Personal Democracy Forum
- Diana Nucera, Director, Detroit Community Technology Project
- Steve Choi, Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
- Una Lee, Creative Director, And Also Too
- Jenny Lee, Executive Director, Allied Media Projects & Founding Member, Detroit Digital Justice Coalition
- Danny Peralta, Executive Director, The Point CDC & Member, New York Environmental Justice Alliance
- Gigi Sohn, Distinguished Fellow at the Georgetown Law Institute for Technology Law & Policy; Mozilla Technology Policy Fellow; Former Counselor to the Chairman, Federal Communications Commission