The Digital Equity Laboratory uncovers and addresses structural inequities that persist and evolve as technology transforms our cultural, social, and political systems.
- Practices applied research, technical support, and national, state and local policy strategy to advance digital equity
- Brings together practitioners, scholars, organizers, and policymakers to create cross-sector leadership on key digital equity issues
- Creates career and practical opportunity ladders for students, graduates, companies, and communities interested in exploring and building equitable technology ecosystems
Key issue areas:
- Equitable models of digital access, including holistic and accountable broadband infrastructure systems
- “Digital Sanctuary” and other digital equity frameworks for online privacy, safety, and cyber-security
- Smart city and edge tech innovations and their potential benefits and risks for underrepresented and vulnerable communities
Photo by Danny R. Peralta.